Mandala Towel - Organic Cotton
The Mandala Towel is the wholly grail of towels! Earth-shaped, 150cm oversized beach towel offers a blue and green mandala design with a white tassel edge, a salute to the balance of ocean and earth.
Made from 100% GOTS certified organic cotton, this towel is super soft, highly absorbent and so versatile! With its generous sizing, it can be used as a towel or picnic rug; at the beach, park, for a picnic and play.!
In its tribute to the ocean and earth these towels are:
● Yarn-dyed, with non azo dyes and certified organic UV protection
● Hand finished with care and love
Sustainably made, GOTS certified organic cotton gives you confidence that you're looking after your health and nature. This is:
● Protecting your skin from harsh chemicals and toxins used with conventional production methods. It also means that those who have worked on this product at every stage, have been protected too. Sustainably made, organic cotton is gentler on your skin and for your health. Better for you and the greater community.
● Fair trade practices are endorsed in each stage of processing- safe workplaces and fair wages for families and communities to thrive.
● Understanding 70% less water is used in sustainably made organic cotton - saving thousands of litres of water across the production process.
● Reduced soil erosion and improvement in soil quality - achieved through the crop rotation process that is integral in organic farming practices.
Like a normal beach and picnic towel, but the best.
Our GOTS organic cotton towels are the gold standard in sustainability for people and planet, using 70% less water than conventional towels and free from any harsh chemicals or dyes. Read more about our commitment and responsibility to whole chain sustainability under the About Us section on our site.
Our GOTS certified organic cotton is the gold standard in sustainable production. The cotton is grown in Southern India with 70% less irrigated water than conventional cotton farming, without any chemicals, pesticides and is GMO-free. The manufacturing process takes place in Kolkata and only uses non-azo dyes without any toxic chemicals, processing aids or sprays.
Our supply chain minimises impact through efficient energy and water use, as well as not contributing to the chemical load in our air and water supplies, or the soil table like conventional production methods.
When you decide the end of it's life cycle has come; after reusing and reusing and repurposing, you can complete the life cycle by composting.
Respecting people and planet throughout the entire life cycle are key pillars of our SOURCE philosophy.
We have established our supply chain in India through personal inspection, to give us complete confidence in the process and procedures of GOTS certification, and a consistent chain of fair trade from the Chetna Farmer's Cooperative, all the way through processing and production.